The Alan Parsons Project-"Eye in the Sky"-Because those 70s rock stations put this song on their playlists, Eye in the Sky is mistakenly thought of as a 70s song, even though it was released in 1982.
Billy Idol-"Eyes Without a Face"-I prefer the Trent Reznor version, but this one will do.
The Dream Academy-"Life in a Northern Town"-Knowing what this song is supposed to be about, I still don't understand it. At least the morning lasted all day.
Foreigner-"Urgent"-I really can't stand the arena rock bands. This song is an exception, though it was barely a Foreigner song, with participation by Thomas Dolby and Junior Walker.
Hall & Oates-"I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)"-This song has been sampled to death, in mostly really lame songs.
Laura Branigan-"Gloria"-The ultimate American Idol song, if Idol actually had contestants who could sing.
Madonna-"Cherish"-Only Madonna could take a G rated song and turn that into a video in which she fawned over mermen.
New Order-"Temptation '87"-Oh, you've got green eyes, oh, you've got blue eyes, oh, you've got grey eyes.
Tears for Fears-"Sowing the Seeds of Love"-Taking nearly five years to follow up their biggest selling album, it's a surprise that 1989 found room to accommodate this song, that ironically fit better in 1968.
Wham!-"Everything She Wants"-Released as a "B" side to "Last Christmas" in the UK, and became the biggest selling record not to get to number one.