Friday, September 18, 2009

Face Value

Here's a story about Ticketmaster's new paperless ticket system. It actually works, and I used it when I was able to acquire tickets for the recent Nine Inch Nails show when Ticketmaster made some last minute "tickets" available a few hours before the Friday night Chicago show last month. It's a little weird to take out your credit card at the actual venue. The person who took my card was just standing at the gate with a swipe machine in his hand. The article also mentions resale possibilities, but Trent did not allow that on the Nine Inch Nails tickets. Since you have to provide your credit card at the venue, after which you walk right in, there is no possibility of handing off tickets to someone else. The few people that I heard about "scalping" were only providing one ticket, and the actual scalper had to walk in with the scalpee. Not very convenient for the scalper, in other words.